>> Click here<< for the specific privacy statement for freelancers, subcontractors and temporary staff.
Van Riet Material Handling Systems B.V. and other members of the VanRiet Group (hereinafter: ‘VanRiet’) respect the privacy of its customers, employees and visitors. This statement is intended to inform you about VanRiet’s policies and practices regarding personal data that is obtained via an offline request for information, contact or via one of the VanRiet websites (hereinafter: ‘the websites’).
Who is responsible for your personal data?
VanRiet processes personal data of its customers, business relations and users of its websites and services. VanRiet respects their privacy and ensures that any personal information it receives will be protected and treated confidentially. VanRiet will continue to strive to process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). You can find the contact information of VanRiet at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Why does VanRiet collect your personal data?
VanRiet collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send newsletters and / or advertising folders
- To invite you to activities and / or events (and to send tickets for requested events)
- To contact you (in response to a request for contact or information)
- To inform you about changes to services and products
- To prepare and realize an agreement.
- To call you if it is necessary to carry out services
- To deliver goods and services to you
- To provide service after services and products have been delivered
- To handle job applications
- To comply with the law
What personal data does VanRiet collect?
VanRiet collects your personal data, to the extend necessary, for the purposes appointed above or when VanRiet is obliged to do so on the basis of a statutory duty. VanRiet can process any information that can be used to identify you (as a natural) person directly or indirectly, such as your name, contact details and job title.
How does VanRiet collect your personal data?
- Direct contact to VanRiet (Head Office) or a local branch in another country
- An online form on the website
- A job application form
- A website visit (see paragraph “Cookies”)
VanRiet has security cameras on its branches to protect employees, visitors and property. These cameras are clearly visible.
How long does VanRiet keep the data?
VanRiet will not store your personal information for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected, unless the data must be retained longer for the purposes of compliance with applicable law. If VanRiet wishes, VanRiet will ask your permission to keep your data for a longer period.
What are your choices and rights?
When you visit a website of VanRiet and/or you provide VanRiet with your information, you agree that VanRiet processes your personal data for the purposes described above. You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal information. You can send a request for inspection, correction or removal by email to email@example.com. VanRiet will as soon as possible but within four weeks respond to your request by email.
Unsubscribe from newsletter
You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter from VanRiet by using one of the following options:
- By clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails that VanRiet sends out;
- By communicating via a contact form on the website (when available) that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you unsubscribe from the newsletter, it may occur that you still receive the communication that was already in production. This is due to the processing time and production schedules.
Security of your personal data
VanRiet takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure and unwanted modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact VanRiet via email@example.com.
Provision to branches of VanRiet
In order to provide you with a better service, your personal data may be made available to local branches of the VanRiet Group, including branches in countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). These branches will use your data solely for the purposes for which it has been provided, e.g. for the performance of an agreement that has been concluded with you or for providing information that you have requested.
Share with third parties
VanRiet will not provide your personal data to third parties, unless:
- you have given express consent for this purpose
- it is necessary for the implementation of an agreement with you
- it is compulsory or permitted by law
- it is necessary for preventing or combating fraud
With companies that process your data in VanRiet’s assignment, VanRiet concludes an agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. VanRiet remains responsible for this processing.
Marketing & Communications
3991 CS Houten
Effective Date: 25 May 2018